Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Beckett's Birth 11/21/11

Looking back, I'm really beginning to think that I only facebooked Beckett's birth story and pictures, and did not post them on here...so here it goes in a 4:30 AM-I-Have-Only-Had-2-Hours-Of-Sleep rendition:

I was induced with Beckett, as I was with the other 2.  I went into NW Hospital in Bentonville at 5:30 in the morning, and they started the pitocin at 7:00am.  I received my epidural (hallelujah!) at 8:30.  I remember telling the anthesiologist that he was my best friend and that I truly, with all my heart, loved him.  I think he thought I was joking.  I wasn't.  

It was the best epidural I ever received!  I did not feel ANYTHING at all.  Literally.  At around 5:00pm, I knew it was time to push, so I called for the nurse who checked me, and told me to "hold on, don't push, just breathe through it."  Beckett was crowning and ready to come.  She called the doctor, and I breathed through contractions and the desire to push for 45 minutes!!!  At that point, I didn't care if the janitor delivered my baby, I just wanted him out.  When Dr. Hannah finally arrived, I pushed one time and he told me that Beckett was a big boy.  I had no idea he had even come out.  I'm not joking, the best epidural EVER!  

Beckett was born at 5:43, and weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces, and was 20 inches long.

We had many friends and family visit over the next few days, and my sweet Nana and Aunt Emily stayed with the kids and cleaned and decorated my house for Christmas.  Beckett and I stayed an extra night, so that his circumcision could be checked on after 24 hours.  

Here are the pictures:

Freshly born baby






Big Brother and Big Sister's First Time Seeing Beckett







Nana holds him for the first time
Aunt Emily's first time holding him

First Bath!


Sweet, beautiful, Katie holds him
Emily's Turn



Aunt Angie holding Beckett

Sweet toes..

I love this photo.  Their faces are so similar!
Grandma with Beckett
Big Brother!


Big Sister!

Daddy.  Love.  




Going home!

Benson's first time seeing the new baby.

No comments: