Saturday, November 29, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- I am thankful for my brothers, Ryan and Erik. I'm grateful to them for teaching me how to be a tough girl (I had to be growing up with those 2) :o), for protecting me against stupid boys in high school and being there for me whenever I had a broken heart. As we got older, they have become two of my best friends, who I can tell anything to. Thank you for all that you have done for me and helping me get through some hard times. I am also thankful that you have met wonderful women, Steph and Tracey! I love those girls and am grateful that they will be my sisters and am thankful for all that they have done for me as well!
- Sitting in church today, I also realized that I forgot to show my gratitude for my primary class. I love them. I am thankful to Zayne for her crazy, spunkiness that keeps me on my toes. She is filled with the love of Christ, and always keeps us laughing. I am thankful for Obadiah for his reverence and his knowledge of the scriptures. I am also thankful that he acts silly when I'm not looking so I can be reminded that he is only 8 years old, and not 28! I am thankful for Morgan for her storytelling abilities, and her preparation. She always brings her scriptures, and is always willing to say the prayer. I am thankful to Jamison...or should I say...Bobalicious?! I am so thankful that he has come out of his shell over the past year and a half. He brings so much laughter and joy to my class and to my life. I am thankful to Sydney for her ability to be sweet and kind to everyone. She also has a strong knowledge of the Gospel and is willing to share it. She is a great missionary and friend. Finally, I am thankful to Aaron. His quiet demeanor tends to cover up his fun filled spirit. He is so sweet, and funny, and kind to others. He always knows how to choose the right, and is a great addition to my class. I love all of kids, and wish that I could follow right along with them throughout primary. They are amazing little people who will grow into righteous adults. Thank you to their parents for sharing them with me!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- First and foremost, I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for 3 years now. During those 3 years, I have been fellowshipped by some of the most amazing people. I have learned so much. So many questions that I have pondered throughout my 25 years have been answered. I feel a sense of wholeness in my life that I have always been looking for. I have seen a change in myself that is for the better, and I know those close to me have also seen that change.
- I am thankful for the Temple, to know that families can be sealed together forever. I am thankful for the opportunities that I had to attend the temple this year, in Dallas and in Oklahoma City. I feel the spirit so strong, and always leave fealing spiritually renewed.
- I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He made the greatest sacrifice for me, and I am eternally greatful.
- I am so grateful for my husband. This year has been a changing year in our lives, especially for him. He has gone from working a business part time, to working it full time by himself. He spends endless hours working on advertising, reading books, and learning new marketing skills to better the business for his family. He works long hours doing strenuous work by himself. All the while, he is going to school full time. He is working on his physical therapy degree, so that he can ultimately do what he loves: help heal people. He is always there for me, and our peronalities fit perfectly. We laugh at eachother's jokes, and can finish eachother's sentences. He is the perfect father. I love watching him play with our kids, pray with them, and teach them how to live righteously.
- I am grateful for Brody. Brody, you have taught me how to laugh like I never knew possible. I can never feel down with Brody around. You are my sunshine, and my best little buddy. Thank you for everything you do, not only for me, but for all the wonderful people who love you so much. You make us all so happy. You are a special soul, and have a very special purpose on this earth.
- I am thankful for Peyton. We had so much stress this year because of your health, and I am so grateful that you are here with us, and healthy. You are so beautiful. I never thought I'd have my little girl, and now I have the most beautiful princess. I know that you and I are going to be best friends, and I look forward to girls nights, pedicures, and shopping trips...just like my mom and I had.
- I am thankful for my mom and Steve. They live a very busy life, but always finds time to talk to me. I can tell my mom anything, and am so grateful to have been raised by a wonderful woman.
- I am thankful to my dad and June. They also lives a busy life, and even though we don't talk as much as we should, I know that they loves me and my babies.
- I am thankful for my Nana. She loves my babies as if they were her own. She takes care of them, and she is one of my best friends. I am so grateful to have her in my life still. It is so fun to watch Brody get the same joy out of seeing her as I remember having when I was young.
- I am thankful for my grandma and grandpa Shaw. I enjoy our phone conversations and e-mails. I wish that you didn't live so far away, and hope that we can see you all soon!
- I am thankful for my Aunt Emily and Uncle Ben. They have done so much for Nick and I this year. Thank you for all that you have done. I couldn't ask for better "great-great-grandparents" for Brody and Peyton Emily. Brody loves his Monday's, and I do too! I am able to get so much done!
- I am thankful for Nick's family. Thank you for letting us drop the kids off at the drop of a dime, any time. Thank you for feeding us so many dinners this year. You have helped us so much. Thank you Tashya for being such a fun aunt for Brody and Peyton. You are so great for them!
- I am grateful for the visiting teaching program. My visiting teachers this year have been wonderful. Thank you, Aimee, Jenny, and Wendy for the fun chats, the homemade bagels, and bringing friends for Brody to play with. Thank you to my companion, Michelle. I love that we are companions, and hope that we can become better friends, and start doing things together, outside of visiting teaching.
- I am grateful for all of my friends. Especially April and Jessica. April, you are the best "auntie April" in the world! Thanks for letting me come stay with you when Tommy is gone. I cherish our girls' nights and our scrapbooking weekends. I think about all that has changed in BOTH of our lives over the past 3 years. We went from co-workers and roommates, to joining the church, marrying best friends, and having babies! I can't wait until Lowden baby #2 gets here! Jessica, thank you for being my shoulder to cry on...even if it was through the telephone! You have been my best friend for the past 19 years! Holy cow! We are getting old! I am thankful that you also have found the Gospel and I can see how much it has changed your life! I look forward to the day when PeyPey and Bren get married! :o)
- I am grateful for my job. I am able to work 2 days a week helping children. I remember being 8 years old and telling my friend that I wanted to grow up and work with kids. I did it. It took 5 years of school, a thesis, countless hours of internships, but I have done it, and I love what I do. I love my kids that I work with, each and every one of them. Every child I have come into contact with in my field has changed my life and shaped me in one way or another.
- I am thankful for new friends as well as the old. I look forward to getting to know all of you through blogging, play dates, girls nights, book group, and scrapbooking weekends at Signed Sealed and Delivered. Let's make our friendships go beyond church!
This was a long blog, and there are so many more things that I am grateful for...but life is happening in my house right now, and there are kids to put to bed! If I forgot anyone, I am truly sorry, but just know in my heart that I am thankful for you!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Despite what her face may say, she LOVED the peas!
While I was busy pureeing, Brody was off in the bathroom getting into trouble. He decided to spike his hair with lotion, hairspray, and gel! NICE!
He loved going Trick or Treating. First, we went to Emily and Ben's and played Trick or Treat. They had a big pumpkin, full of goodies for Brody! He loved his treats! Then, we went with the Brooksbys in our neighborhood. Then, we headed to Grandma Jeanie's house and visited with her. After Jeanie's neighborhood, we went to Grandma and Papa's house, and trick or treated in their neighborhood. We then went to the Williams' house for fun with friends, and Belgium waffles.