Thursday, October 17, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude

I saved this quote on my phone so I could look at it often.  Sometimes it just takes a good reminder, to remember to be grateful for the things we have, and stop seeking what we don't have.  I am trying harder to be "in the world" and not "of the world" when it comes to my belongings, the cars I drive, and the money in my bank account.  I want to focus on the good things in my life each day.  Life is too short, and too precious to spend time wanting more.  There is too much to be thankful for.  
That being said, I want to list some of the things I am grateful for.
* I am thankful for a loving husband, who works so hard each and every day for our family...and still comes home at night and plays with our kids, and rubs my back almost every single night.  I am so blessed that he chose me.
* I am thankful for my children.  All 3 of them are such a blessing.  They make me laugh, they make me mad, and then laugh again.  They teach me how to have fun, and not be so busy all the time with cleaning and working.
* I am thankful for my extended family, who help us with watching the kids, cleaning the house, and supporting Nick and I in all that we do.
* I am thankful for prayer and scriptures.  They get me through each day and help me to have a good attitude, and an overall good feeling about each day.
* I am thankful for my job.  Not only for the financial peace it brings us, but also for the opportunity it gives me to serve Heavenly Father's children each day.  
* There are so many more things I am grateful for...and I will continue to list them throughout this blog.

No comments: