Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude...Day 18

I am thankful for Priesthood Blessings.  Words can not describe how grateful I am.  I have seen miracles happen in my life, and in the lives of others, through the power of a Priesthood blessing.

When we first realized something was wrong with Beckett's eyes, I took him to our pediatrician and a pediatric opthamologist.  Both told me they thought Beckett was completely blind.  He had failed every vision test they could do on a 3 month old baby.  I cried, and prayed, and cried, and prayed. 

That night, we went to the Chase's house to celebrate Emily's 12th birthday. Nick and Russell gave Beckett a blessing, and blessed him that his vision would improve and be functional.  Within days, we saw improvements in Beckett's vision and his tracking of toys.

Another night, recently, Beckett was running a high fever, and throwing up everything he took in, for hours.  Nick was working, so I called my father in law and Russell, and they were there within minutes. He was given a blessing, and did not get sick the rest of the night.  His color returned, as well as his cute personality.

These are just a few examples of the wonderful miracles I have seen from Priesthood Blessings.  I am so grateful to have a husband worthy of holding the Priesthood, and administering these blessings.  I am also so grateful to be surrounded by friends and family, that I know I could call at any time, when needed, and they would be there in a minute to use their priesthood to bless my children or myself. 

My heart is full.

No comments: