Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dear Beckett

Dear Beckett,

1 year ago tonight, I was anxiously awaiting the next morning, when I knew I would be heading to the hospital, and you would be brought into this world, with the help of Dr. Hannah and his wonderful nurses. 

My heart was full.  I had prayed for you for so long.  After losing a baby the year before, I prayed even more fervently that our family would be blessed with another baby.  Our whole family was so excited to meet you, and find out what you would be bringing to our family!

We had no idea the things you would teach us in such a short time. A year ago, I had never heard the words "albinism" or "foveal hypoplasia" or "nystagmus" or "low vision" or "hypopigmentation."  However, in the last year, we have heard those words over, and over, and over again.  One thing you have taught me though, is that no matter what trials you receive in life, you are going to face them with full speed of determination, and a smile on your face the whole time.

You have taught us laughter beyond comprehension.  You have become a glue that holds your brother and sister together at times.  Sometimes, when they are not getting along, you will do something silly, and make them both laugh uncontrollably.

You have taught me the importance of cuddling.  You LOVE to cuddle, and I LOVE to take time to cuddle you.  I know it will go by all too fast.  Thank you for being such a love, to everyone you meet.

I have been told by many, many people over the last year (especially strangers) about how beautiful you are, how sweet you are, and about what a strong spirit you have.  I couldn't agree more.  I have felt since you were in my tummy, that your spirit was strong, and that you have been sent to this earth with a VERY big purpose.  I look forward to seeing what Heavenly Father has in store for you.

I love you, Beckett Cole!

Happy Birthday!
Love,


Mommy

No comments: