Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude- Day 2- Thankful for Family

I am thankful for my family.  My blood related family, and my marriage related family.  I have so many wonderful people in my family, it is hard to express my gratitude to each and every one of them.

I was raised by good parents.  A mother who taught me the importance of independence, self sufficiency, and the importance of loving her children no matter what we did.  A father who taught us our work ethic, and who emphasized the importance of an education and hard work. 

I have an amazing step-mom and step-dad, who have never treated us like we weren't their own children.  They have loved us like their own from day one.  They are wonderful grandparents to my kids.

I have a wonderful extended family on Nick's side.  His parents, and sister are always there for us.  They help take care of the kids, drop everything when we need something, and never hesitate when we need help getting out of a bind.  I'm so grateful for my mother in law's example of always showing the pure love of Christ.

I have an amazing Nana, who took us in every summer, with my Papa.  That, in and of itself, is something I will be eternally grateful for.  I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood because of their selflessness.

My Aunt Emily and Uncle Ben also are always there for us.  No matter what it is we need, they always help us out.  They are a wonderful set of extra grandparents to the kids.  The kids love to go to their house, and are always excited about what they will find on the table. 

I have 2 brothers, who tormented me growing up, and love me as an adult.  As painful as it was, I am thankful for their harrassment...it has made me a stronger person, and makes me laugh when I see my kids acting the way we did. 

My Grandma and Grandpa Shaw are great examples of overcoming adversity, living through the depression and Pearl Harber.  They made a great life for their family, and passed their hard work ethic onto my dad.  They have always been a great example to me.

I could go on and on about each member of my family, but I don't think I have enough storage room on my blog to express how wonderful they are.  I love each and every one of you and am so thankful for you this holiday season, and every day.

No comments: