Wednesday, September 8, 2010



(I had to do 2 pictures tonight because I couldn't get 1 good one of the both of them, only 2 good ones of 1 of them!)
  1. My social work friends will appreciate this lovely home visit story. I took our new intern on a home visit with me today to visit with a sweet man who recently lost his wife and is struggling with the grief. I sat down on the couch and instantly fell something fall down the front of my shirt. I glanced down and could see something brown. Thinking it was a fuzz ball, or perhaps a small spider, I inconspicuously pressed the brown ball together with the outside of my shirt. However, that did not do the trick. For the entirety of the visit (50 minutes to be exact), I could feel something moving around on my chest. I am PETRIFIED of bugs. The thought of having one crawling on me was giving me the heeby jeebies more than anything in this world. But I could NOT get up and leave, as the man was very tearful and we were making a good connection. I also could not reach my hand down my bra and grab out whatever creepy crawly thing was exploring in there. So, I sat there. I held it together, I was present with the client, and I kept a straight face. That right there should practically exalt me to LCSW status instantly. After the 50 minute session and a 20 minute drive back to the office (I didn't know the intern well enough to pull my shirt out and expose all to her in the car to go searching for a tiny creepy crawly), I went into the bathroom and checked to see what was bothering me. It was a TICK!!!!!! I seriously almost had a heart attack in the bathroom. There is one thing worst in this world than spiders, and that is ticks!! I can NOT stand the thought of them being anywhere near me, but to be aware of it's tiny little legs walking all over me for well over an hour, was enough to make me sick.
  2. We had taco soup for dinner. I LOVE fall, and I love soup season! There is nothing better than making a yummy pot of soup, smelling it simmering, and eating it for lunch and dinner for a week! I have been looking forward to fall for along time and am thankful that it's almost here.
  3. As I am writing this blog, Peyton took the cushion off the couch and she and Brody started jumping. As they were jumping, Brody let out a blood curdeling scream. He had lost his shark tooth in the cushion and he jumped on it. The tooth pierced his foot and he was bleeding like crazy. 6 sesame street bandaids and lots of kisses later, and I think he is going to survive. It was very traumatic though. He just stated "Oh, we should not have been doing that."
  4. I felt like baking tonight so I made this brownie/cookie supreme bars. I cannot believe it, but I had to BEG Brody to eat one. He kept telling me that cookies and brownies were not supposed to go together and that he JUST wanted brownies. He was quite surprised at how well they really went together when I finally got him to try one. They were super yummy!
  5. Peyton took a 2 1/2 hour nap...starting at 4:30 tonight!! It is going to be a LOOOOOOOONG night for daddy! :)

No comments: