Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Rush

When we first found out that church was going to be starting at 2:00 p.m., there were a lot of moans and groans from the Petersen household. We didn't like the idea of it being right in the middle of the day. We have come to love it, though. We can all take naps, eat lunch, get ready in time...except for days like today!

Today, was a lazy, crazy, Sunday! Nick and I laid around all morning, while looking over lessons, dozing on and off, and taking care of Ava (the dog we were puppy sitting.) I decided at 11:53 to take an "official nap". You know, one where you actually go in the bedroom, set the alarm, and sleep for a good hour. HA! Brody was asleep in his crib, Nick was asleep on the couch, and Ava and I were in dreamland in the bed.


My alarm went off at 1:00 p.m., just enough time to get up, shower, eat lunch and get Brody ready. So I thought. Instead, I decided that 50 minutes would be enough, so I hit snooze for another 10 minutes. Then again, 10 minutes later. When I came to my senses that 40 minutes was NOT enough time to get everyone ready to go, I started panicking. I got Nick up, hopped in the shower, ate lunch, and by the time I was getting Brody out of bed, it was 1:53. He was not too happy about being woken up from his nap, as you can see from the pictures.



We finally made it to church...at 2:10. Luckily, we didn't miss the passing of the sacrament. Hopefully next week, we will be a little more organized, and a lot less lazy!

1 comment:

~ Roxanne said...

At our house, no matter what time church is it is always a struggle to get everyone ready happily and out the door on time.