Saturday, January 19, 2008

Home made pizza, chocolate cheesecake, and...HANNAH MONTANA???

So, last night, Nick and I decided to stay home for a variety of reasons. One, we wanted to try to make the Johansen's world famous home made pizza (ours came out quite well, but I still need to work on it to perfect it). Second, we bought one of those cheesecake factory cheese cakes at Sam's...I couldn't pass it up. I told Nick, "yeah, this might be $14.00, but imagine what we would spend on 2 slices of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory!" So, I talked myself into it. Third, we wanted to watch a movie...something we haven't done in a LONG time. Although, by the time we got Brody settled down, and in bed (it was already 9:30!!!), I was too tired to watch a movie. Somehow, the TV got turned onto Disney Channel (by my husband of all people), and we sat down and watched Hannah Montana until 11:00. I can tell a huge difference in our Friday night activities now compared to when we were dating...9:30 used to be the time we would go out to a movie, and staying up late was never an issue. Now we are an old, married couple, who would rather watch Disney and go to bed by 11:00 (still really late for us), than even try to start a movie at night. I love it though! :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so excited you liked our pizza so much that you are now making your own homemade pizza. We have a tradition of making pizza once a week - it is so fun (and yummy)! We had a somewhat parallel evening last night, minus the pizza (we are making that tonight) - but we did decide to start a movie at 9:30 pm ... it was kind of an 'artistic' movie so Matt got bored and fell asleep ... I had similar feelings of being an 'old, married couple'. We had "Berry-cream" (one of our homemade smoothies), but I think I would have liked the cheesecake as a change-up from the norm. Anyhow, my comment is getting really long. Kind of like you wrote me an email and I am responding ... which is one reason I love blogs - I totally feel like you wrote me just me an email. :) Happy Saturday!

Steve said...

Those Disney shows can be strangely addictive. If I linger on that channel too long, I find myself sucked into the shows...and yes, Hannah Montana has been one of them. How funny!