Friday, January 25, 2008

Potty Training Treats

So, we have decided to start getting Brody familiar with the potty. We aren't pushing the subject yet, but would like to have a firm foundation before our little bundle of joy arrives in June.

The other night, Brody looked like he really had to go potty, and when I asked him if he had to go, he said "yeah, potpot!" (Potpot is his word for potty). Excitedly, we got his diaper off and he sat on the "potpot" for a little while, then exclaimed "all done!" When he got off of the toilet, I looked to see if he had done anything, and sure enough...he had poopooed on the potty! I was so excited, and my Great Aunt Emily had given me an M&M's dispenser to use as potty training treats. Of course, Brody got 2 M&M's for going #2. His little mind did not grasp the concept though, and wanted "moe" (more). When I sweetly praised him and told him that he only got more when he went potty again, he got very upset. We left the bathroom and shut the door, which caused an all out temper tantrum.

Later that night, I went into the guest bathroom, and forgot the shut the door behind me. Nick and I were in the living room, and I wondered "where is Brody?" I walked around the corner, and this is what I found:

"I said I wanted more mom! So, I got more."

"Don't worry about me, I can get my own."

Our cute Walgreens M&M Dispenser

3 comments:

Mary said...

Cute story! Cute M&M dispenser! (Random fact about me - I have a 'thing' for M&M dispensers. I only have 2, but I love them and especially their contents. Good luck with the potpot!

Marium said...

That is so cute, Chance wont go near the potty he has no interest in it. I tell you we're going to have a hard time trying to get him potty trained!!

Breton Bay said...

look forward to following the progress - found your blog as I was researching my own initiation of the potty training! We have a candy jar. great post