Friday, August 6, 2010

Bittersweet...

Today is a bittersweet day for me.

Sweet because it is the day we get to celebrate the birth of my sweet husband! 32 years ago he was brought into this world...it was the perfect timing for our paths to cross 26 years later. I'm so grateful to have Nick in my life. He has taught me how to laugh and love more than I ever imagined possible. He has been an exemplary dad to our kids. I hope to be able to share many more birthdays with him as we grow old together. I love you Nick!
Bitter because it is also the day that I have to say goodbye to one of my best friends and her family. Michelle and Benn have taught me by example, the true love of Christ. I have never seen anyone love everyone they meet, and they are people who would put others needs before their own at any time. They have been the best neighbors, visiting teaching companions, and friends Nick and I could ask for. My heart is very heavy with the thought of them moving away. Boston is going to be a very lucky city, and I hope Wal-Mart gives Benn an offer they just can't refuse when he gets done with school! :) I'm going to miss you, Benn, Michelle, and little Zo-Zo Pop!! We love you guys!!

No comments: