Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 29, 2010

  1. Today's photo was hard to choose. Brody came to me for some snuggle time. Something that doesn't happen often enough anymore. I felt this was the perfect photo op for today's photo so I had Nick grab the camera and start shooting. He took so many great pictures that captured mine and Brody's special bond, but I thought this one was absolutely perfect. I love the way he giggles. I hope I never forget the sweet sound of his laughter at this age. It is contagious.
  2. Church was great today! The kids were perfect, and both enjoyed their own respective classes. Nick and I were in combined Relief Society and Priesthood sessions, so it was nice to be able to sit with him during the 3rd hour and learn about Temperance.
  3. Frozen pizzas for dinner! Could life get any better than this? There is something refreshing about not preparing a healthy meal occasionally, and just having fun! Brody set aside the pepperoni pizza before it was cooked and said that it was "kid flavored" and not "grown up flavored." Nick and I were left with supreme (okay by us!)
  4. Peyton is doing SOOOOO well with potty training! She left church after 3 hours with a dry diaper and asked to go potty as soon as she got home. I'm so proud of her!
  5. Finally, Brody started telling us about the Prophets. He began telling us about this one named Bremen Beyond. Nick and I could not figure out who in the world he was talking about. So, I began naming Prophets, and when I said "Brigham Young?" he said "YES! That's what I said!" I love that he is learning about the Prophets and love his cute little pronunciations!

1 comment:

Arkansas Bartholomews said...

Today while trying to pick primary songs to listen to I swear my oldest kept asking for "The Tower of God" and "The Holy Ghost Wall." Still have no idea which songs he was aiming for...

Hannah B.