Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lazy, Crazy, Saturday

Today is my first full day home with the kids since I went back to work full time. Nick had to work for Roark today, and I really wanted to go and do something fun. I was thinking about taking them to the drive through safari in gentry, or going and having a picnic at the park. However, Peyton is sick with another cold (what is her deal???). So, we decided to stay home. We did have to go to Walmart this afternoon to get some more cold medicine, and while we were there, I decided to hit the toy department to see what was on clearance. I scored BIG time! I got this "Outdoor Adventure" set for $7.00!!! It came with a tent, a working camera (no film though), binoculars, a compass, a working watch, a telescope, and a flashlight. Brody LOVES it! We decided to set up camp in our living room and build a fort. After the construction was done, we had a picnic of strawberries, grapes, cheese, carrots and broccolli (Brody BEGGED me to buy broccolli at Walmart so he could "eat trees like dinosaurs".) We wound up spending the day in the fort coloring, working on alphabet flash cards, eating our picnic, and watching "Yo Gabba Gabba". Brody also "took pictures" of everything we did! What a fun Saturday!

Yummy Picnic!

Peyton crawling into camp (yes I know her outfit doesn't match...she blew out her other pants)

He really did like the strawberry, my camera just took the picture at an awkward moment

Mommy LOVES strawberries!

"Fort Petersen"

Brody playing with his camera

Peypey watching "Yo Gabba Gabba"

"Gimme some!"

His tool set that came with the tent

Peyton eating a carrot and Brody taking a picture of her

The tent

3 comments:

The Krile Daily News said...

We made a fort this morning, too!! Great minds think alike.

Jodie said...

How fun!! I'll bet the kids loved every minute of it!!

Kelly said...

You're such a fun mom!!!!