Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ice Storm

A couple of weeks ago, we had a huge ice storm come through Northwest Arkansas. It left us stranded for 4 1/2 days, and many without electricity. Some of my friends were out of power for over 7 days. We had crews come in from North Carolina, Kansas, and Missouri to help our electric companies restore power throughout NWA. There was a lot of tree damage. My inlaws had a great deal of damage to their fence, roof, and yard. My sister in law also had trees fall on her car, creating the need for a brand new windshield. Brody was scared throughout the storm and kept saying "Trees are falling. It cares (scares) me!" 9 people died, and there were several injured. I am thankful that it is *almost* all melted and the roads are safe again!

These are some pictures from my front yard the morning after the storm began. It kept icing for another 18 hours after these pictures were taken.

We were so worried our tree would fall! :o)

The grass looked really cool!

My Bushes

Don't stand under these!


The neighborhood...it didn't look bad, but the roads were pure ice under the dusting of snow

No comments: