Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009

Tonight was our first "official" FHE for 2009. We decided to have this year's FHE theme be "I Am a Child of God." I got the idea for a yearly theme from my friend, Mary. Along with a yearly theme, I thought I would set up this FHE blog, so that we can keep track of our activities, pictures, and publish them yearly so the kids will have something to share with their own families some day.

Opening prayer: Brody ("Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, play doh, and this plate and food, family, love you, Jesus Christ, Amen.")

Opening Song: Brody (Mommy originally picked "I Am a Child of God", but Brody interrupted and said that he really wanted to sing Barney's "I Love You" song)

Lesson: Mommy- We looked at pictures of Brody when he was a baby and talked about how he felt the day he was born, and discussed how Heavenly Father feels that same way about each of us. Heavenly Father loves us, and feels so happy to watch us grow.

Activity: Daddy- We played play doh and made a family and different animals.

Daddy's most memorable parts of the night:

I remember Brody had been up all day with a lot of energy. He started getting a little fussy, but had a lot of fun playing with play doh. He also chose the opening song "I Love You" from Barney. Pey Pey didn't feel good, but had fun playing with play doh too.

Mommy's most memorable parts of the night:

When I told Brody we were going to have FHE, he said "No, no, it's too late. It's dark. We can't have Family Evening, it's night time. Time to play play doh." Brody also took a big bite of play doh and said "Yuck! I can't eat food. I can't eat this chicken nugget." What an imagination! Peyton felt miserable, but was a trooper through the activity and the lesson.

Mommy having fun with play doh!

Daddy cutting out shapes

Brody watching carefully

Poor Peyton was sick. :o(
Daddy, Mommy, Brody, and Peyton

1 comment:

Rose said...

way cute~! as well as a good idea