Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I missed history...

No, I did not watch the innauguration. I missed history. Not because I am a bitter republican, and not because I dislike Obama. I did not watch it because I have never watched an innauguration and didn't feel like his should be any different for me. I am very proud of the country I live in, and feel that we have come very far in electing an African American president. I will support Mr. Obama, and I will pray for him. I will have hope and I will have faith that he will be guided by the support of our Heavenly Father to lead and guide our country.

I hope he will make good decisions. I hope he will get us out of this ecomonic toil that we are in. I will admit though, I am scared. As someone who is personally feeling the effects of the poor economy, it upsets me to see $150 million dollars being spent on duck dinners and 10 different balls. Is that really necessary? Was that REALLY how we needed to start this new year? Couldn't hat $150 million dollars been spent a little less freely in a time when spending shouldn't be so free? I don't know....that's just my opinion. None the less, like I said before, I will support him, and pray that the level of responsibility he now holds is an enormous one, and he will make wise choices.

2 comments:

Aleasha said...

I second everything you said!

Jodie said...

I agree wholeheartedly!