Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nikki's 8's!

I got this off Valerie's blog and thought it would be fun to do.

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. My children- they are the loves of my life

2. My husband- the other love in my life

3. My family- they have done so much for me throughout my life

4. Social Work- I love what I do. I love my job. I love the saying that goes something like "When I die, it won't matter what kind of car I drove, how big my house was, or how much money was in my bank account. What matters is that I was important in the life of a child."

5. Exercise and fitness- I love losing weight! I love getting fit and being in shape.

6. Baking- does not go well with the #5, but oh well. I love to bake!

7. Scrapbooking- do I need to explain?

8. Blogging- I love being able to preserve my family's history electronically.

8 things I want to do before I die

1. Have enough money in my bank account so that we are not living paycheck to paycheck anymore.

2. Go on a church history tour of the United States and South America.

3. Take my family to Disneyworld or Disneyland.

4. Write a novel- I've always been a writer, but since college, have not had the time to express my imagination on paper.

5. Serve a mission with my husband when our kids are grown.

6. Start my own practice.

7. Go to Utah...I think I'm the only Mormon in the world who hasn't been! :)

8. Go scuba diving in Beaver Lake and see all of the historic land markers under the water.

8 things I say often:

1. I'm stressed.

2. I love you.

3. Come here, Brody.

4. Hello princess! (To Peyton of course)

5. I'm tired.

6. It's rest time, little man.

7. Dang it!

8. Babe (to Nick...I think we have forgotten each other's real first names)!

8 things that attract me to a friend:

1. Sense of humor

2. Caring

3. Honesty

4. Integrity

5. Talkative

6. Loves to scrapbook

7. Good with kids

8. Outgoing

8 songs i could listen to over and over again:

1. Just a Dream- Carrie Underwood

2. There Goes My Life- Kenny Chesney

3. Anything my son sings to me...he cracks me up!

4. Broken Road- Rascall Flatts (that is mine and Nick's song)

5. Over and Over- Nelly and Tim McGraw

6. Sounds So Good- Ashdon Sheppard

7. Realize- Colbie Caillat

8. Beautiful Disaster- Kelly Clarkson

8 things i have learned this past year:

1. Everything works out. No matter what the problem, it always works out...it just takes more time than I would like most of the time.

2. I'm a much more patient mother than I thought I would be.

3. I get burned out on my job easily.

4. Don't sweat the small things. If Nick puts his dish in the sink...oh well. It'll get washed eventually.

5. It's better to be happy with the way things are then to stress about everything being perfect all the time.

6. I can lose weight on Weight Watchers (LOVE IT!)

7. I love to blog!

8. If I can raise my kids to be righteous, sweet, caring, humans, then I have done a good job.

8 random things about me:

1. I didn't eat meat from the time I was 14 until I was 23.

2. I graduated with both my bachelors and my masters degrees when I was 22.

3. I was born in Germany

4. I was a Varsity diver in Highschool, until I got injured my Junior year.

5. I hate to fly, even though I've done it my whole life.

6. I'm secretly addicted to the Disney channel.

7. I'm always cold. Even with the heat on in the winter, I'll take 2 or 3 baths a day just to warm up.

8. I'm messy. My house is messy, my car is messy, and that's just the way I am. I try to keep up but I just can't, so I've settled with the fact that it's the way it's going to be for a while.

8 other people I think should do the 8

1. April

2. Carrie

3. Jodie

4. Aimee

5. Cheramie

6. Mary

7. Christina

8. Marium

3 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

This was fun to read!

I told you in person, but I enjoyed seeing your family and life in WA. It makes me feel like I know a little more about you.

...and your new haircut is so cute!

michelle manning said...

Amen sista Valerie!

Nikki while I was reading this I got this desire to have you over and talk to you - I think it means that I was intrigued by the things you wrote!

Lindsay said...

hey we have to do job shadowing this year at school for Career Oreintation and i was wondering if i could possibly job shadow you for 2 days??