Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hello from the world without internet!

Sorry it has been so long! Nick and I are doing a financial makeover right now...which means we have done away with internet. So...we have done it. We have jumped into the world of thriftiness...and what a wonderful place! We have begun to be relieved of the every day stresses that comes from living paycheck to paycheck, and have been able to see the wonderful possibilities that our financial future hold for us. We will begin to be able to save and work on paying off our mortgage at a quick rate. Nick is also looking for a part time job that he can bring steady income in, while still building his business and finishing school.


Anyway, enough with the boring money stuff...lets see...what cute things have my kids done lately?


* Last night, Brody climbed in bed with me at 3:00 in the morning. He fell fast asleep and began saying "WOOOOO pisseeee (pigsooie in 2 year old talk) RAZORBACKS!" over and over. A child after my own heart...calling the hogs in his sleep!
* Peyton is smiling and cooing and laughing so much more. It is so fun to watch her little personality develop.
* Nick asked Brody today..."Are you my little boy?" to which he replied "NO! Dat's Brody!" Then, Nick asked "Are you a ham bone?" "NO! I not a ham bone! Dat's Brody!!!" He is too big for nick names apparently.
* Brody is absolutley downright obsessed with the Jungle Book.


There isn't a whole lot new in mine and Nick's lives. I just finished the first book in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I'm hooked! Nick is busy with Roark, his business, and school.
I am blogging from my MIL's computer, and found these pictures...how fun! We were both young and SKINNY! :o)

May 14, 2005...my 22nd birthday/Graduation/Engagement day

2005

May 20, 2005...my baptism



November 4, 2005...finding out about Brody!

10 comments:

Carrie "Pie" said...

Way to go with the financial make over! It's not easy, but definitely smarter. Good luck. I'm still laughing about Brody calling the hogs in his sleep! Your old pictues are cute. I especially like the one where you're looking at the preg. test!

The Lowden Family's Blog said...

We were skinny back in day... It was cute seeing though pics!!

Valerie Chandler said...

Wow. I sooooo admire your committment to frugality. Wow.

Valerie Chandler said...

Oh, but keep posting from Grandma's....K?

Steve said...

I love your old pics. Isn't it strange to think back to those times before children? Sometimes I don't think I can even remember what life was like then... And that's awesome that you're doing the whole financial makeover--you're such a great example!

Jodie said...

Hey, good job with the money makeover. We're trying to do the same thing. We're getting ready to shut off our Dish Network. I can't live without the internet! TV can go, but not my connection with cyber space!
Those were fun pictures to look back on! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

I like the "finding out about Brody" picture... too cute!... Good for you for going frugal... I don't think I could do it... I need the internet... but serious kudos to you!

michelle manning said...

Awwww - you guys look so happy and in love in that 2nd to last picture. How sweet!

Mary said...

I loved this post!

Marium said...

Those pictures are great! Love the Twilight series too. I read them a while ago and now can't wait for the movie. I totally understand the frugal world. It's not easy but does take a bit of the stress off.