Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A letter to Brody...

Dear Brody,

It has been 2 years ago tonight, that your Daddy and I were so anxiously anticipating your arrival. We knew that in less than 24 hours, we would be parents to this special little soul, whom we knew nothing about.

Over the past 2 years, you have brought our lives so much joy, happiness, love, and laughter. You have shown me my purpose on this Earth. Being your Mother is the greatest opportunity I have ever been given.

You have made me laugh for so many different reasons. I love the way you put the first letter of a word at the end. For example, you say "nose" instead of "snow", and "nakes" instead of "snake." Every night before bed, you ask for milk and for the air to be on. I don't even know if you realize what it means for the air to be on, but it is comforting to you that I leave your room after we kiss to turn it on.

I love how you have such a great love for our Heavenly Father. You look at me funny when I start to eat my cereal, if you notice that I haven't prayed. Then, you remind me: "need prayer mom." You also request to pray several times during a meal, and you make sure we never go to sleep without our night time prayers. You bring such a special spirit to our home.

You love your family. Each and every one of them. You have made so many people feel loved and rejuvenated. I love what you do for Aunt Emily and Nana, especially. You make them so happy. You love your sister. It melts my heart every time you kiss her, and say "I love you Pey-pey."

Your dances crack me up. Your laughter is music to my ears. You get so excited about Sesame Street and Cars. You have found a recent love for coloring and playing with Play doh ("flay dough").

You may throw temper tantrums at times, but you always come back from them. You make sure to appologize, and you always love on me after we have had a frustrating bout of tantrums.

Recently, you have begun taking your naps on the couch. It is so cute. You grab your pillow, bring it to the couch, and you stay there, because you know what a privilege it is to sleep on the couch.

You love to go for bike rides with Daddy. You are Daddy's favorite little boy in the whole world. I don't think a night has gone by over the past 2 years that your Daddy and I don't lay in bed at night and talk about how special you are and how much we love you.

I never realized how much I could love someone until I met you. 2 years ago, I had no idea what type of child would be coming into our home. I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving us such an amazing child. You are wise beyond your years. You are smarter than I could ever imagine a 2 year old being. You have fun in ways I didn't know possible. You amaze me.

I love you, always and forever!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

~ Roxanne said...

These last two years have gone by so fast! We enjoyed taking the temple class with you guys and sharing the memory of being sealed so closely together :0}

Carrie "Pie" said...

What a sweet letter. Your family is very beautiful.