Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kool-Aid Anyone?

When I was a kid, the "cool" thing to do was to bring Kool-Aid, mixed with the sugar, to school in a plastic bag. We would sit at our desks, with the kool-aid in our laps, and when the teacher wasn't looking, we would lick our fingers, dip it in the kool-aid, and lick it off. This led to many dyed red fingers and mouths. My friend, Erin's mom was the best. She was our supplier. She would buy ALL the flavors of Kool-aid from Safeway, and let us take our pick for the day.

After a while, the teachers caught on, and we were no longer allowed to have Kool-aid at school. This typically didn't stop us...we just got smarter. We started bringing the country time lemonaid mix to school, as it didn't leave a color trail.

It seems my son is following in my footsteps. I bought him some of those kool-aid packets that you add to your water bottle for flavor. I spilled one the other day while making him a treat, and when I went to get a rag to clean it up, Brody had already begun.



No comments: