Sunday, May 25, 2008

MISSION ORGANIZATION

Usually, Saturdays are my lazy days. I work all week long, take Sunday off to rest, and I do NOT feel like cleaning on Saturdays. However, now that I am officially on maternity leave for the next 3 1/2 months, I am okay with staying busy around the house ANY day of the week! This Saturday, Brody helped me clean the kitchen, mop the floors, do MOUNTAINS of laundry, and vaccuum. We also took on an organization project in his room.

My sweet Nana gave me a gift card to Lowes for my birthday, and I was able to get a lot of things around the house, including a few things to organize Brody's room. I still have enough money left over to buy new blinds for both of the kids' rooms. I am so excited!


Here are pictures from our adventerous day. The organization project took HOURS!

I caught him coloring on his arms in the office with a highlighter. This created the idea to clean the house!
As I was trying to pack up Brody's winter clothes, he was pulling them out of the rubbermaid and throwing them back on the floor.
He decided the rubbermaid was better off used as a boat.
He didn't want me taking pictures of him in "MY BOAT!"
"NOOOO! MY BOAT! MY BOAT!"
He finally gave up and got out of the boat, because the picture taking was too traumatic.
His new toy shelf!
Brody doing what he does best...eating a "popsynal!" (sugar free this time!)
I finally got the curtains hung. Every time I would get a screw in the wall, Brody would clap and say "Yaaahhh Mamma!"
His new clothes organizer! I love this idea! That way, when Nick asks me for the millionth time, "where are his clothes?" I can say "Tuesday's clothes are ready to go, dear, in the Tuesday cubby!" (Notice the sarcasm?) Love you, Nick!
What a rough day, he had to take a break!

You can see the closet floor!
Brody decided that shoes should not go in the shoe organizer....
They are much better off on the rug on the floor, where they usually end up at night. Oh well, I can't expect the kid to change overnight. :)
I am very proud of all that we got accomplished this weekend, and Nick was so excited to see the house as clean as it was.
Other accomplishments on Saturday:
  • Trip to Wal Mart and actually did not forget ANYTHING
  • I got almost all of Peyton's laundry done
  • Picked up Peyton's hamper and valance from the Walmart.com department (they have been sitting there since the end of April), and actually got her valance hung.
  • Exterminators came and NO MORE ANTS! Woohoo!!!!

5 comments:

Marium said...

That is great, a clean organized house feels great. Too bad the kids mess it up so fast. you go girl!!

~ Roxanne said...

What a productive weekend! Glad to hear you have some time off to get things in order and to recuperate:o}

Steve said...

Wow--now that's what I call nesting! It looks great! I have to say that making a trip to Wal-mart without forgetting anything has got to be THE greatest accomplishment ever. Way to go!

Cheramie said...

you got more done in one day than i do in a week! good job.

Kelly said...

i LOVE his room! Great job with all the organizing. I love all the toy bins and clothes organizers, baskets, everything! They make such brilliant and helpful things these days!