Thursday, March 27, 2008

PEYTON UPDATE!!!

Wow, it has been so long since I have blogged! When we came home from vacation, we were without Internet for 3 days...I felt like I was living in the 90's again!

I went to the doctor Tuesday and they did another ultrasound on her, and said that the swelling in her kidneys is going down. The doc said that 99% of the time when the swelling begins to go down at this point, then the problem usually clears itself up before birth. Just to be safe though, they are going to do an ultrasound on Peyton before we are sent home from the hospital, to ensure that her kidneys are working properly.

We had a scare last night when the nurse called and left a message saying that she wanted to talk to me about my glucose test results. Of course, when I called her back, the office was closed. So, I called again this morning and thankfully I had passed my glucose test, but my iron levels are very low. The doc has now put me on 2 prenatals a day PLUS 2 iron pills a day. Nick and I are also increasing the amount of iron we are eating in vegetables like spinach, kidney beans, and red potatoes.

Nick has started his diet this week and has lost 5 POUNDS!!! I am so proud of him! We have cut out the sugars and sweets. I have also shed my extra vacation weight by eating healthy with him. Now we just need to exercise more. I keep planning on doing prenatal yoga and pilates, but it is so hard with Brody because he wants to climb on my stomach when I am laying on the floor!

Oh, back to Peyton...she is almost 3 POUNDS! She is a BIG baby, but the doctors aren't concerned. We got 3-D pictures (which I'll post when I get them scanned in at Sam's), and you can see that she already has chubby little cheeks! What a cutie!

I'll write more later and post some new pics up as well. I have a lot of blogging to catch up with!

5 comments:

Marium said...

Glad to know she is ok and that you two are doing better. Can't to wait to see what she looks like! Way to go Nick on your diet ;)

Kelly said...

It HAS been a long time! How was your vacation? I'm glad that Peyton is doing well. Let's see another belly pic!!=)

Carrie "Pie" said...

Hey hey, nice to see your update. Glad things are going well. Where were you and Nick vacationing? Can't wait to see the 3-D pics of Peyton!!

Valerie Chandler said...

During those last exhausting months, I always liked hearing that my iron was low-- validation for how tired I felt. :)

Great news on Baby Peyton.

~ Roxanne said...

So glad to read that Peyton's kidneys are improving. Will keep my finger's crossed for you!

I didn't know red potato's improved iron levels or kidney beans. I struggle with low iron not being pregnant. Happy eating :o)