Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9 of Gratitude

Tonight, I am grateful for Hospice Doctors. Tonight, during a late admission, one of our Hospice Physicians put into perspective for me the work that I do every day. He told our new patient and his wife that we (hospice staff) do the work that we do because we love it, because we love the patients, and that for some, the work is a ministry for us. I have always looked at working in Hospice as a ministry of sorts. I've never had a job where I've done what I loved, and felt so close to Christ at the same time.

It's comforting to know that the physicians who do this work daily, are doing the work because they are passionate about it. Because they love the patients. Because they love the families. And because they love God. It is inspiring to watch the medical staff at Circle of Life work with the patients with such love, understanding, patience, and sincerity. One of the many things I have learned since working in Hospice, is that it is not a job...it is a calling.

So, tonight, I would like to express my gratitude to wonderful, caring, Hospice Doctors, who have been called, and who do what they do...not because they have to...but because they have a heart for it.