Monday, April 19, 2010

Sugar free update...

Well, it's been 6 days and I have not touched, looked at, or even thought of (well, maybe a couple inappropriate thoughts) about sugar!!!

I feel...

  • Energized
  • Thin
  • Focused
  • Motivated
  • Accomplished
I forgot to mention in my original post, that along with the 30 day sugar challenge, Nick and I, along with my in-laws, are doing a challenge from the chamber of commerce. It is a 5 week fitness challenge called "Fit for Five". The way it works is you get 5 team members, to commit to eating 5 fruits and veggies a day (CHECK), exercise 30 minutes a day for a minimum of 5 days a week (CHECK), and we get a 5 week pass to Fuse gym.

Now, I already have a gym membership at World's Gym, but let me tell you...I am HOOKED on Fuse! I love the equipment, the classes and the amenities. Did I mention I have been getting up between 5 and 5:30 and going to the gym EVERY morning (except the weekend)?

Today, I did my first spin class and I am in LOVE!!! I felt so great afterwords!

Back to the sugar free challenge...

My favorite eats right now are:

  • Peanut butter dipped in splenda
  • low carb wraps with chive cream cheese, turkey, and spinach
  • eggs with pepper jack cheese and turkey bacon
  • Chicken and apple sausages
  • blackberries
I'm not sure how much I've lost yet, because I am holding off on weighing in until the 5 week challenge is over. I want it to be a big surprise (or let down) when the Fuse people weigh me in at the end of this 5 weeks. Until then, I'm going to keep telling myself that it is working, because I can ALREADY see a difference in my body shape and tone, and my clothes are fitting better now.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congrats on your progress, that is awesome!!! Can't wait to hear what the results are after your 5 weeks!