Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm taking the challenge

I am always up for a good challenge.

I have been doing weight watchers on and off for 3 years now and love it. The only problem is, I "fall off the wagon" very easily. With summer around the corner, I have several reasons why I want to get down to my pre-married weight.

1.) We are going to Utah for our cousin, Jenn's wedding.
2.) Bathing suit season.
3.) Mine and Nicks 5 year anniversary...what better gift to myself than to feel more confident in my own body!

So, after reading a friend's blog, I have taken her challenge and am going sugar free/low carb for the next 30 days. I am also continuing counting my weight watchers points along with her challenge, to ensure that I'm not eating too much throughout the day. Between being sugar free/low carb, and the WW, I am hoping to reach my goal of 125 lbs by June 1st.

Today was my first day on the challenge. I did quite well, with the exception of the banana I ate earlier. I did not realize how packed full of sugar bananas are. For breakfast, I had a string cheese (not a healthy breakfast, but I was on the run). For lunch, I had a turkey brat with cheddar cheese, and a salad. Snack was a carrot, a Wasa Fiber cracker with cream cheese. Dinner was chicken and shrimp fajitas. I had a yummy dessert too...berry smoothie with light whipped cream (less than 1g sugar!)

So far, today, I am feeling really great and motivated. I did the Wii Biggest Loser game, which is an awesome work out, but I know I will be feeling it in the morning!

Have you ever gone sugar free? If so, what were your favorite foods? Recipes? Motivational tricks?

3 comments:

The Lady of the House said...

Do fresh fruit sugars count? I thought those were good sugars to have?

thepetersens said...

Hey Jill, fresh fruit sugars are fine, as long as they are on the low part of the glycemic index. Most fruits are okay...tropical ones like pineapple are really high in sugar so I'm trying to stay away from those, but apples, oranges, berries are okay.

fdkljsdflkgj said...

Awesome! Sounds like your doing really well so far! Is your hubby doing it too? Its so much easier when you have in home support! Unfortunately Brian hasn't yet hopped on my sugar free bandwagon yet lol...but i'm always workin on him!