Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jesus Christ is our Brother...

Today in Sacrament meeting, Michelle Manning got up and bore her testimony. In her beautiful testimony, she mentioned how Jesus is our brother. We are all children of God, including Jesus Christ. I had never thought of Him this way. I always think of Christ as the Savior, our Lord, our Redeemer, but I have never thought of him as a brother, almost an equal. Her testimony brought tears to my eyes...it brought new light to my heart. Thinking of Christ as my brother made me feel that I was more capable of becoming like him. Although he is still my Savior, Lord, and Redeemer, he is also my brother.

John 20:17 states: "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." In this verse, Jesus is telling Mary at the tomb, after he was resurrected to not touch him for he had not yet ascended to HIS Father and HER Father. We are ALL children of our Heavenly Father. What a wonderful thing to know and to think about as we live our lives.

No comments: