Thursday, October 21, 2010

Love is Spoken Here...

One of my favorite children's hyms goes as follows:

"I see my mother kneeling,
with our family each day.
I hear the words she whispers,
as she bows her head and prays.

Her plea to the Father,
quiets all my fears,
and I am thankful
that Love is spoken here...

...I can often feel the Savior near,
when Love is spoken here."

This week in my home, love has been spoken loud and clear. It has been spoken by many different people, in many different ways:

Through my children, and their sweet jokes and play. Pictured are Brody and Peyton putting on a "puffet show" with the finger puppets and an impromptu puppet stage I made out of a cardboard box. This lit up my night...especially when Brody made the animals sing "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce'.


Love has been spoken by meals being served. I couldn't ask for more than for people to help put food in my family's tummy. I am ever so grateful.

Love has been spoken by yummy treats. (the chocolates April gave me are not pictured because they were devoured the first day.)
What better way for love to be spoken, than through flowers? I have been so blessed by so many people to receive these beautiful flowers.



Love has been spoken by gifts sent from family. My dad and June sent me a gift card to Elite Day Spa in Bentonville. I am looking forward to my physical recovery, so I can use this. It is much needed!

While I am still in a funk right now, and struggling to be my happy, cheerful self, I can still hear the love being spoken in my home. Thank you all for loving me, and loving my family. I love everyone who has helped support us in this time, whether through a phone call, cards, facebook messages, text messages, or an outward display of support. Thank you all.

No comments: