Monday, October 25, 2010

Bailey Taylor Petersen

Nick and I have both been doing a lot of reading on miscarriage and grief to help us get through this time. One of the common themes that we have seen people do to help them feel connected, and provide closure, is to name the baby. Since we lost our little angel a little before 8 weeks, we did not know if it was a boy or a girl. We wanted to name them something that could go either way, and decieded on Bailey Taylor Petersen.

We chose Bailey because a few years back (before I was pregnant with Peyton), I was in the Dallas Temple, and kept having the name "Bailey" go through my head. I told Nick I felt like we should name one of our children that someday. However, when we found out Peyton was a girl, we both were in love with the name Peyton.

Last night, though, as we were sitting down discussing names for this sweet child, Bailey popped back into my mind. I truly believe the Lord gave me that inspiration a few years ago specifically for this baby. We decided on Taylor because it is not only a gender neutral name, but it is also a family name.

Now that we have a name for the baby, I feel like some weight is lifted off of my shoulders. I needed to do this to help me feel a stronger connection, and a sense of completion with this pregnancy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is a beautiful name and I am glad it has provided you with soem degree of closure.