Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baby Update

So, we went to the doctor today and got everything checked out. He did the colposcopy to look at the cells that showed up abnormal on my last exam. He said that they are low grade dysplasia, but he did not see any cancer today. He is going to do another exam 6-8 weeks after the baby is born, and if it comes up abnormal then he will do a biopsy and go from there. We are very relieved though, that the cells were low grade, and not a serious problem at this time.

As far as Miss Peyton is concerned, her heart rate was good (in the 150's) and steady, he is happy with her growth, as well as my weight gain, and her movement is good. He went over the ultrasound with us, though, and there were some problems that he saw in her kidneys. He said that her kidneys are swollen, which could cause problems passing fluid through her kidneys to her bladder when the time comes. This is something that he says generally turns out okay, but he is going to keep a close eye on our little angel. We are having another ultrasound on March 25th, to see if the swelling has gone down any. If it continues to be a problem throughout my pregnancy, there is a procedure they can do in utero, to remove fluids from the kidneys. Otherwise they will just wait until she is born, and do another ultrasound, and if she needs surgery, she will have it when she is about 1 month old.

As stressful as today has been, I am thinking very positive and not going to worry. Peyton is a daughter of our Heavenly Father, and I know that He will take good care of her, and me.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Good for you for staying positive. I didn't realize they were concerned about anything. Good luck! I'm glad for you that your doctor is being so thorough.

Mary said...

What an emotional day you must have had. Your little girl will be in my prayers!

Christina Weedon said...

I understand your worries... I really do. I've got you in my thoughts. :o)

~ Roxanne said...

We will keep you both in our prayers!

Valerie Chandler said...

Thinking of you--