Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was a highly anticipated holiday in our home this year. It seems like for a month straight, Brody would ask "Is it Halloween time yet?" So, we decorated. We put lights up, and pumpkins, and made home made decorations, and paper bats, etc. The house was decked out from the beginning of October on.

Brody was dead set on being a football player this year (after we said no to his first choice of Obama). I was just going to throw some sweats on him and a razorback jersey, and try to find a helmet. We went to Halloween Express to find a helmet, and we wound up walking past a Car's "Tow-Mater" costume. Brody was in love. So me, being the wonderful mother that I am, got him the Tow-Mater costume, and he lived in it for 2 days straight. He would take his hat off, and say "I'm Brody now." but if he was wearing his hat, he was Tow Mater, and had to be addressed accordingly.

Peyton was our little cheerleader. She is so tiny and cute, that I wouldn't doubt it if she is a real cheerleader some day. She loves all things girly, so she loved this outfit that Grandma June bought for her. She will bring me the skirt and want to wear it daily!

Nick took a nap before our Trunk-or-Treat celebration at our church, and when he woke up his hair was crazy. I told him he had "Edward hair" (as in Twilight), so I said "you should be Edward." that he was. Unfortunately, Nick has never read the books, and he wouldn't believe me that Edward doesn't have big scary nasty vampire teeth, but he insisted on wearing the big nasty scary vampire teeth anyway.

We had a great Halloween. We went to Trunk or Treat on Friday night, and then on Halloween night, we went with our good friends the Halls, the Johansons, the Binghams, and the Christensens, trick or treating in the Hall's neighborhood. Parker (see Brody's best friend post) is Jenni and Josh Hall's oldest son. The boys all had so much fun together! They kept saying stuff like "This Halloween is AWESOME!" or "This is my best Halloween EVER!" It melts my heart to see the kids having so much fun!



No comments: